Beschreibung des Aquariums
- This aquarium is the same as Tanganyika Deepwaters 1. It was moved to a new home in feb-2016 and therefore it needed to be re-decorated.
- I am planning to buy a larger aquarium and therefore this aquarium will be sold or dismantled.
Sand with gravel and small rocks
Keine Pflanzen because it is representing a more deeper part of the lake where plants do not grow (not enough light).
- Aquadecor back, - and sidewalls
- Same colour as the rocks
1 Kitelight LED strip
- 13 watt at 100%, set at max 80%.
- Sunrise and sunset
- With bioballs to reduce sound and add oxygen
- 120x60x40cm for biological filtration
- Japanese matala mats
- Lava rock
- oyster shell for higher kH/gH
- Kinshi 8000 l/h pump
The Eheim 2260 that I used was not installed because I am planning to buy a larger aquarium where I will use it again.
- Aqua Medic 300 watt titanium heater
Cyphotilapia gibberosa "Mikula"
- Started with 16 young F1 animals (4-6cm)
- Selected 8 females when the grew up and added a WF male to the group
Altolamprologus compressiceps Gold Head "Mutondwe"
- The Wild Caught couple died when the aquarium was moved and they had to wait for me setting op the aquarium again :'(
- I did however manage to buy another WF male that looks like the brother of the former male.
- I also have 8 young Gold Heads from a nest of the Wild Caught couple.
- 1 male
- The female died unfortunately but before she died they were able to raise a nest. Now I have a couple dozen of young leleupi's that will be removed as soon as the fish move to the bigger tank.
- 1 male / 1 female
Synodontis polli white Zambia
- 10 (male/female ratio unknown)
- Mastacembelus is a risk with gibberosa but my gibberosa were too small to eat the eels.
- Now they have grown up they still don't attack or eat the eels.
Tap water from the Netherlands is very well suited for Tanganyika so I don't have to prepare any water.
- Mussel meat
- Naturefood Premium Cichlid M / Premium Color Plus M